Sunday, June 29, 2008

the end of June

I have been waiting for tonight to come... for the end of all of June's activities... to be able to SLEEP in my own bed, BE with my girls and not have to GO anywhere for a whole month.

But I find myself feeling sad and let down tonight. This month was filled with activities, people and places that I have looked forward to for SO long... interviewing and becoming a candidate for ordination in the PCUSA, NYC, Princeton, great theological conversation, learning to knit in Central Park from Rachel, the end of Audra's school year, General Assembly, being with my friends from seminary for the last time before we all head off to internships, meeting new people at GA, learning SO much about being Presbyterian, staying in a hotel all by myself for 4 days, Krista and Tim's wedding, watching the girls as flower girl and ringbearer, and lastly having a day long visit with the Websters. What a lot of events for one month. I am in DESPERATE need of rest but also am sad June is passing.

Thank you Sustainer of Life for pulling all of us through this month... for caring for the girls in my absence, for opening new doors of interest and possibility, for the gift of so many amazing friends (new and old). Give me the courage to rest, trusting what's ahead to you and to be faithful in my rest to your calling.

No comments: