Sunday, June 29, 2008

I now pronounce you husband and wife...

Yesterday I had the honor of conducting my first wedding for one of my dearest friends, Krista.

It was a wonderful day... casual but elegant and it felt like one big family gathered around to celebrate Krista and Tim. Co-officiating the ceremony with Lorca was really fun and all the more so because everything was very real and down-to-earth... no pretense, just joy and celebration at the joining of these two amazing people.

I now wish I had gotten married under a chuppah and with less pomp and circumstance. I guess that's part of the benefit of getting married later... those things don't matter anymore. :) It was a truly sacred space and it was so fun to see how completely engaged Krista and Tim were in the whole day.

I'll post pictures later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear,Jenny
how amazing.from
Kai iss